Thursday, August 5, 2010

LMO Week 1 - Comments for Christian Legere


"However, as many of us have previously discussed in various blog posts and course assignments throughout the year, there are still many in both the public and professional spheres who are skeptical about online education. Recently, as schools like the University of Pheonix and other for-profit institutions (which rely significantly online resources) have come under federal scrutiny, I've found myself having to defend our program more than ever. While "defend" is probably too harsh a word to accurately describe some of these conversations, it is a shame that all too often online education is trumpeted merely as a convenient and time-saving option for learning."

Scott,

Like Sharon, I to agree that there are many people whom are incredibly skeptical of online education. I must say I was once one of the people. I think the biggest misnomer is that people believe that online education is easy. Easy? I think not. It has proven to be quite challenging and has even allowed many of us to form great professional allies. Like both you and Sharon I am now a supporter of online programs and find myself often "defending it."

No comments:

Post a Comment