Saturday, August 28, 2010

Week 4 LMO - Collins, Tamara_Wimba Session Notes


First and foremost I want to say the LMO class has been incredibly beneficial to my Action Research project. It has given the information necessary to become familiar with online learning and its future.

Joe, in the Wimba session you said that we should be careful that we don't make the UDUTU or videos so long that the student becomes disengaged. That was exactly my thought. I was concerned about this because initially I thought I would create the UDUTU for the writing process as an additional resource to be used at home, but then I decided that it could be used in the computer lab as an opening lesson and an initial run through for them.

Another thing that stood out for me in the Wimba session was the point of completing the project in its entirety. You are correct in saying that if the project is not completely done I probably will not complete it later. I would say that I can see myself tweaking this to meet the needs of the students at my school, personalizing it for them to allow them to grasp the material.

No comments:

Post a Comment